Well, its almost the weekend, and that means that I am packing to get away with the ladies. Woohoo!
I have been travelling for the better part of 10 years for business. That means that I have gone through a lot of luggage and been able to test out a lot of pieces.
Some may seem too fancy, but let me explain!
Before I go away
As soon as I find out that I am going away, there are a few things that I do to get ready for my trip
If I am taking my own car
- Make sure that my oil is changed, don’t need to get an oil change soon
- Make sure that I have lots of windshield washer fluid
- Double check that I don’t need air in my tires
- Fill up my gas tank the night before
- Do a quick car cleaning to make sure it’s all ready to go and no unnecessary junk in the car
- Make sure that I have packed an emergency kit
I have 3 cats, so I want to make sure that they are taken care of
- Find someone to feed my cats while I am away
- Make sure that there is enough food for them
- Make sure that I have enough pet medication
- Clean the litter boxes
- Make sure that there is fresh water in their water feeder
For my house
- Make sure that person who is coming to feed my cats has a key and alarm code
- House is tidy
- Windows are closed and locked
- Air conditioner or furnace is on at a comfortable temp for the cats
- Unplug any hair appliances
This is the most critical piece that I take with me and its especially awesome for weekend road trips during the summer with the girls. This bag also doubles as a super awesome carry on travel bag.
The Louis Vuitton Keepall 50 Bandoliere is one piece that I cannot live without. You may ask me why such a fancy piece? Well hold on, just listen. I bought this pre-loved, its from 1989 and is already worn in (in my opinion, in all of the right places). Since it’s worn in, it didn’t cost a fortune, it still has tons of life left and I am not stressing if I get caught in the rain with it or have to jam it in the back of the car with 20 other luggage items.
This bag is perfect because I can carry it over carry shoulder with the Bandoliere strap if I don’t want to hold onto the handles.
This bag carries more than enough for all of the goodies that I require for a weekend getaway.
To buy authentic preloved, shop at Fashionphile:
How I plan my packing lists
I use OneNote to create packing lists. The reason that I like OneNote is that I can access my lists from my phone, IPad and my computer, so I can work on the list from each device. I like to check off the items as I pack them in my master packing list and check them off as I wear them as well. After my trip is complete, I archive this list for reference later if I am doing a similar trip.
Here is a list that I created for my upcoming trip:
Games Day Packing List 2018
◦ Black Jeans
◦ Black and White Gingham Top
◦ Black Shorts
◦ Bring on the Sun Top
◦ Pink Guess Jeans
◦ Black Peblum top
◦ Green and Black Bikini
◦ Black Yoga Pants
◦ Grey T-Shirt
◦ Pink Belt
◦ Black and Gold Chunky Necklace
◦ Pink Heels
◦ Black Sanuck Sandals
◦ White and Pink Ted Baker Casual Shoes
◦ Primer: NYX Pore Filler
◦ Foundation: Inglot YSM
◦ Powder: Laura Mercier
◦ Bronzer: Benefit Hoola
◦ Blush: NARS Orgasm
◦ Highlighter: Becca Champagne Pop
◦ Eye Primer: Urban Decay
◦ Eye Shadow: Jaclyn Hill x Morphe
◦ Eyeliner: Kat Von D in Trooper
◦ Mascara: UD Troublemaker
◦ Phone/IPad Charger
◦ 3x underwear
◦ 2x bras
The Outfit Plan
I like to create a little list that details the days that I am away and every outfit required for that day. I always mark the items in an outfit with a (R) for Rewear this piece later in the trip or (L) for put in the laundry bag.
Outfit #1: Friday: Leaving from work/Driving in the car
◦ Black Jeans (L)
◦ Black and White Gingham Top (L)
◦ Pink Belt (L)
◦ Pink Heels (L)
Outfit #2: Saturday: Games Day in Backyard
◦ Black Shorts (L)
◦ Bring on the Sun Tank Top (L)
◦ Green and Black Bikini (L)
◦ Black Sanuk Sandals (R)
Outfit #3: Saturday: Going to a Concert
◦ White and Pink Ted Baker Casual Shoes (L)
◦ Pink Guess Jeans (L)
◦ Black Peblum Top (L)
◦ Black and Gold Chunky Necklace (L)
Outfit #4: Sunday: Driving Home
◦ Black yoga pants (L)
◦ Grey T-shirt (L)
◦ Black Sanuk Sandals (L)
I always pack a simple laundry bag with me because sometimes, I can’t unpack my entire bag where I am staying. It’s great to keep my dirty clothes separate from my clean ones.
I have used lots of different types of laundry bags but this one that I picked up from Ulta is pretty awesome and affordable.
I like to pack 2 separate toiletry bags, one for my makeup and another for liquid products and skincare that could possibly leak.
This bag is great because I can pack my makeup brushes in the front compartment to keep them separate from the rest of my stuff.
Lastly, I like to pack my shoes in shoe bags that I have acquired from shoe purchases. I want to protect my clean clothes and also make sure that my shoes don’t mess up the inside of my bag.
For trips like these, I love to use my Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM. Especially because this is my fave purse for work. I can pack a ton of stuff inside of it and use it for the trip. I also can’t be without a few of my work essentials, just in case, because I am on call all of the time. I like to use the purse that comes in the Neverfull for when I am running around on the trip and don’t need to have a huge purse with me.
How do you pack for your weekend getaways? Let me know!
Thank you so much for stopping by!